Rankin's Springs Public School

Pride in Effort

Telephone02 6966 1206


School history

Rankin’s Springs Public School is a small community school with spacious grounds, historic buildings and an abundance of quality resources.

Opened in January 1926, Rankin’s Springs Public School’s first classes were conducted in a room leased from a local landowner before moving to the local public hall. 

Prior to the establishment of the school at Rankin’s Springs there were several other smaller schools in the district:

  • Erigolia Public School
  • Wirringulla Public School
  • Heatherbrae Public School
  • Caranya Public School
  • The Bluff School
  • Bailallie Subsidised School
  • Monia Gap School
  • Conapaira West Public School

The school moved from the local hall to its current location in February 1928.  Since this time, two buildings have been built and one has been relocated to Rankin’s Springs Public School from a nearby school upon its closure giving us two classrooms, a library and a teacher resource room.

In recent years further grants from the federal and state governments and donations from P&C have been used to upgrade facilities including extending the administration area, internal and external repainting of buildings, refurbishing the library and the addition of covered walkways, shade sails and a COLA.

The community takes great pride in our school and staff work diligently to ensure the abundant resources are used effectively to enhance the learning of our students.